Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Messing around in the tub last night


With a Koala




Koala time.

After eating a chocolate cookie


He colored on his face but wouldn't let me take a picture unless I was in it.


Ornery smile...

Making play-doh

Who wants a new background picture?? Instead of putting his PJs on we play games like this
Just a quick update since I figured you all couldn’t go a week without hearing from me…

Yesterday was an interesting day. Kari’s boss in town so she went into the office early to look good so that means I was left back to take Ethan to daycare and then show up to the office later. So, I got us all ready to go and was about to leave when I noticed the milk in the fridge wasn’t very cold. Using my wicked good investigative skills I next checked the freezer and saw the ice was no longer ice and was instead water. Using my incredible reasoning skills I figured that despite the fact the light was coming on the cooling unit itself was no longer. However, that’s where my skills in this situation come to a screeching halt. Since I don’t have a phone here I had to email Kari and have her call the apartment people and since most people don’t get to work until around 9:00 I didn’t know when we’d be hearing back. So, Ethan and I decided to hang out at the apartment and hope that a repair person would show up. Kari finally got a hold of the company and they said a repair person wouldn’t be available until tomorrow.

It was about 9:30 at that point and I could have taken Ethan in and gone to work but I decided I’d rather spend the day with him instead of doing that. So, we spent the morning making, playing and eating(Ethan) home made play-doh. At first he was attempting to be sly about consuming the play-doh but eventually he gave that strategy up and just started eating right in front of me. After that we had to make a trip up to Cole’s to buy a freezer bag and some ice so we could salvage the food in the fridge/freezer. We did a lot of reading in the morning as well. Kari got him a new alphabet book while everyone was here visiting and he loves it. It has a bunch of different textures for him to feel and parts that move so he wants to read it every time we read and usually more than once. Over the course of yesterday we had to have read it no less than 8 times.

Anyway, we were going to go to Wildlife World in the afternoon but Ethan took such a long nap we ended up waiting until Kari came home from work before we went. He had a good time though we had to hurry through cause they close early now due to daylight savings. But, the animals were much more active this time than when we were there last time. The kangaroos were moving, a couple koalas were moving, lizards were zipping around and even the snakes were moving. Even behind glass they really give me the heebee-geebees.

Anyway, after that we grabbed some dinner and called it a night.

Today was a normal day. Nothing real exciting to report. Though I did notice both tonight and yesterday throughout the day Ethan hums a lot to himself. Grandpa Brett would be so proud…

The main reason I’m posting is cause I already have an abundance of pictures form yesterday and I didn’t want to fall behind. I also have some video as well. The first one is kind of long and not a lot happens until about 1 minute in… but then you get to hear Ethan sing happy birthday to himself and blow out imaginary candles. The second one is just him jumping off the couch. I thought you may want to see that cause he’s jumping off everything he can get up on now.








We leave tomorrow afternoon. Thankfully it’s a short flight. Hopefully he does as well on this flight as he did on the way over.

See ya,
Joel

No comments: