Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Welcome to the first blog of 2010. Sorry we have been a bit slow to write anything with everything going on over the holidays.

One thing I have learned in the past few weeks is that Ethan is now officially a professional gift opener. Christmas came and went and allowed Ethan to open close to I swear...25-30 gifts. He was very spoiled this Christmas. We finally went out and bought a couple of rubbermaid tubs to help us organize and store some of his older toys in the basement. Now most of the toys upstairs are his new toys. Ethan also went with me to a couple of baby showers over the weekend or as he called them "2 parties" and he was MORE than helpful in helping my cousin Greg's wife, Jessica, open gifts. Sometimes he was so fast to open them and be Vanna as he spun around to show everyone that even Jessica had to wait for him to spin back around and allow her to see her own gift. Here are a few pictures of Ethan showing his Christmas loot - note this was just from Joel and I and does not account for all the generous Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins and others. Thank you all! Ethan will be all ready to open presents when he turns three in a few weeks. The only problem is that I am having trouble deciding what we should buy him for gifts. :)





A few pictures from the end of 2009...

Ethan and I watched Joel play hockey and we had a great time. Ethan really enjoys watching all the guys play and finding Joel on the ice. Here he is posing with me ,Joel and also putting on chapstick, which he keeps in his "hocket".








Over the weekend Joel let Homer out the back door to go potty and Homer tracked in some snow, which Ethan ate off the floor...I know gross! Then Ethan decided he needed to have some snow to eat so Joel got Ethan his very own bowl of snow. Don't worry...it wasn't the snow Homer had gone potty on. We only eat the white snow in our house. Note this all happened while I was at book club...



On Friday night Joel and our friend Craig went to a concert in Des Moines and Craig spent the night at our house. S0 Ethan and I got up on Saturday morning to bake blueberry muffins. Ethan loves to stand on his foot stool with me in the kitchen and help me cook. When we make muffins he has a great time putting the muffin cups into the baking dish.



On Saturday Joel was in MN for a Wild hockey game and my dad took Ethan, Ellen, Ben and me to the ISU basketball game. Ethan had a great time and wore his new sweatshirt that Papa got him for Christmas. Ethan enjoyed watching the game, had some popcorn, ice cream and snuck Papa'a diet coke when he wasn't looking. It was a lot of fun.





Sunday morning I was getting ready to go to church and Ethan decided he wanted to play downstairs while I showered. I checked on him a few times and he was fine, but while I was brushing my teeth he started to cry. I ran downstairs to find him with a bloody mouth. I was freaked out at first because the blood had mixed with his saliva making his mouth look full of blood. As you can see from the picture below it was only a small boo boo on his upper lip, which I think he got while trying to grab a kleenex from the top of our DVD case by standing on his little foot stool. We put some ice on it and within five minutes he was asking to brush his teeth with me.



Some other recent stories:
- Ethan loves to ask "What's that loud?" This means what is that loud noise I heard and where is it coming from?
- We watch a lot of Nick Jr on TV - which has a lot of pre-school aged shows. Ethan loves the Wonder Pets and Backyardigans. He can sing the whole song from the Wonderpets.
- When you ask Ethan how old he will be he say's "three" and each time he says his birthday is next Saturday...this has been going on since Thanksgiving.
- Joel just put new snow tires on his car and the first time Ethan saw his car he noticed the new tires right away - I think we have another car guy in the making here.
- Lately to be funny, Ethan will wipe away your kisses after you kiss him.
- We have been spending a lot of time inside due to the cold, but Ethan has been doing pretty well with that. As I mentioned we got a lot of new toys so we have plenty to keep us busy with.
- Ethan got several new movies for Christmas, but his favorite is Santa Buddies, which he watches nearly everytime he is in the car.






































No comments: