Monday, February 1, 2010

Is Ethan...?

A) Handsome
B) Awesome
According to Ethan, he is both. Or at least that's what he told me in a five minute span yesterday. And they say the youth today lacks confidence and self esteem...

Dale's 95th birthday in Winterset.

Anyway, Ethan went back to the eye doctor today and she confirmed that there is nothing wrong with his eyes. Kari brought some older pictures along that did indeed show that he has had the two different sized pupils since birth. The doctor did a couple basic checks and she has no concerns and we don't need to go back for this. If only Grandma Brett had spoken up sooner and let us know she noticed that about him right away...

Yesterday and today Ethan and I have been playing in his room a lot and we spend the time 'hiding'. This consists of taking his blankets, my blanket(the blanket from the couch), his monster trucks, his doctor set and all of his stuff animals and putting them under the sheet on his bed and then we go under the sheet too and hide. Yesterday, we were hiding from a Tiger and at one point he threw the covers off and shot the tiger. A little violent, yes... but effective none the less. While we were hiding he's also been making a lot of phone calls with his cell phone. He calls papa, and grandma and uncle nick and aunt carrie and uncle ben and aunt ellen and some friends. Yesterday every conversation was the same:
"Hi, INSERT NAME. My name is Ethan Robert Brett. I am playing Dr. Brink with my daddy. My mommy isn't playing cause she's at her friends. Bye"

Today, it was a little different. He had his shirt off cause it's Ethan and he never has every article of clothing on and I had called him weird cause he didn't have a shirt.
"Hi, INSERT NAME. My name is Ethan. I'm not wearing a shirt cause I'm weird. Bye."
He handed me the phone before each call and I had to talk, so when it was my turn to talk to Nick I said "Hi, Richard." at which point Ethan corrected me and said "no, his name is nicky". He hasn't learned the Richard nickname yet. I should probably keep that one under wraps...

No comments: