Friday, March 5, 2010

Random Stuff

It's been a while. Not a whole lot to report. Ethan continues to entertain us everyday. He's currently in the bath tub singing the Wonderpets song and repeating the phrase 'you're not the boss, applesauce' to no one in particular. Where he picked that up, I have no idea. But, I found it amusing none the less. Oh... and sorry no new pictures. The laptop died and I'm feeling pretty lazy tonight and since I can't sit in front of the TV and write this I'm lacking motivation to do much... Speaking of which... don't buy Gateway laptops. They die after 1.5 years. Awesome.

A couple weeks back Ethan had his 3 year check up. Everything was normal and Ethan did really well for Dr. Brink. Looking at the growth charts Ethan is projected to be about 6'1" and weigh between 130 and 140 pounds. I think I weighed 130 pounds in 7th grade. Maybe he'll put on some muscle sometime between now and then... I hope so anyway. Developmentally he is doing great. He is speaking in full sentences and all of his parts are where they should be.

The other night Kari and Ethan were talking about getting mad after one of the cartoon characters that he watches got mad... Kari asked if he ever gets mad, and he said yes. And she asked him if daddy ever gets mad, and he replied yes... and she asked 'what does daddy get mad at?' and Ethan replied, 'daddy gets mad at hockey.' I'm not sure if that's a response to the stick swinging incident a couple weeks ago when Ethan was watching me or if that is from him sitting and watching Wild games with me when I yell at the TV. Either way, he's only 3 and he has me figured out. This past weekend I was watching the US/Canada gold medal game and our friends Chris and Craig were down with their daughter Haley and when the US scored with 24 seconds left I jumped off the couch and scared both of the kids. Luckily they weren't paying attention when Canada scored to win and I threw my hat and muttered curse words under my breath. It had to be Crosby... it just had to Crosby who scored the goal. As if his face isn't already everywhere... After the hockey game was over Ethan and Haley spent quite a bit of time coloring on his new easel. They both had fun until Chris took Haley's markers away and Haley had a minor melt down. But, considering she hadn't napped all day I thought she did remarkably well. I remember the days in Sydney when Ethan didn't nap and what nightmares they turned into...

Ethan is learning new songs at daycare. The other night while we were brushing our teeth Ethan sang the days of the week song and followed that up with the months of the year. I hadn't heard that before so I was pretty impressed. Sometimes I wish daycare would tell us what they're working with the kids on so we can try and work with him at home on the same things. Speaking of daycare... this week the kids all got to play outside for the first time since I have no idea when. I'm sure the teachers were thrilled because spending an entire winter inside with a room full of 2 and 3 year olds has to me more than just a little trying. About every other day when I'm picking him up I witness at least one temper tantrum. Usually it's the same kid. I think he gets more tired than the rest cause he has a giant head and has to carry it around all day so it probably wears him out. My brother Nick has the same problem. That's probably why he can still sleep in until noon on the weekends even though he's almost 30. Once their little one arrives those days are over... ha.

Other than that not much else going on. Ethan is still enjoying all his birthday presents. He received so many I'm sure he forgets about some at times so then they're almost brand new when he finds them again. Which is fine with me. Though, he still wants to go to Target and 'push buttons' almost every night. And every time we are there he is convinced there is at least one toy that he wants to bring home with him. 'i think we should probably bring this to my house' he likes to say...

This morning when I was getting Ethan dressed I had taken off his diaper and then thought I should take him to the bathroom to go potty before I actually got him dressed. So, I carried him there with no pants on and Ethan said the words every parent can't wait to hear... 'don't worry daddy, i won't pee on you.' I didn't really know what to say other than, 'thanks buddykins'... And if you're wondering, he did not pee on me.

I think that's it. I will try and post some pictures in the next couple days. Don't hold your breath though...

No comments: