On Tuesday Ethan got a haircut. I believe that is the third one he has gotten in his life. If its not the third its the fourth. I requested that he front be kept longer and I actually won. So, for the most part he looks pretty much the same but his hair no longer hangs over his ears.
On Wednesday Ethan was asked to leave daycare early.. not for biting so keep the jokes to yourself mom, dad and Nick. He had too many runny diapers. Kari left work shortly before noon to pick him up and spent the afternoon with him. He wasn't really acting sick at all that night so we think it is just some sort of virus. He almost made it all the way through Thursday as well, but we got a call about 3:30 that he had had two more runny diapers so we had to pick him up again and this time he had to be symptom free for 24 hours before he could go back. Once again on Friday Ethan was up around 4:30 and once again Kari got up with him and they hung out that morning and I came home at noon again to keep him entertained in the afternoon. Just like Wednesday and Thursday he seemed fine but continued to have runny diapers.
Friday night Grandma Smith picked Booger up and brought him back to Winterset for the weekend. Friday night he played with Grandma and Grandpa and Saturday he spent the day with Grandma and wore her out. I don't know all of the activities that took place, but according to grandpa he had toys spread throughout the house. I will add a funny story from yesterday though... Ethan was still having runny diapers and apparently he was sitting in his high chair and nature called. Ethan responded by lifting himself out of the chair, relieving himself and then letting grandma know by saying, "Uh oh." Awesome. I couldn't have done it better myself. Though I hope I never have to. He also spent some time outside with grandma playing in the leaves. Linda has some really good pictures that I will post at another time. I don't have any pictures to post right now cause Saturday we got a new laptop and I don't have any pictures on here. It works out better for me though cause I can multi-task and watch highlights of Houston curb-stomping the Bengals from earlier today and type this at the same time. (I felt bad I didn't have any pictures so here is my interpretation of one of the ones I saw today.)

Grandma did discover that Ethan has taking a liking to oyster crackers. That seems to have at least temporarily replaced yogurt as his favorite food. Today when we got home after lunch he must have eaten over 50 of them before shutting it down. Apparently he has some of his Uncle Nick's eating habits...

Grandma did discover that Ethan has taking a liking to oyster crackers. That seems to have at least temporarily replaced yogurt as his favorite food. Today when we got home after lunch he must have eaten over 50 of them before shutting it down. Apparently he has some of his Uncle Nick's eating habits...
On Monday while Kari was home she found out that Ethan knows how to say tiger and he also knows the sounds/movements both a monkey and elephant make. For the money he scratches him armpits and says, "ooh, oooh." For the elephant he raises one of his arms and says "pthhhhhh." Not really sure where the pthhhh comes from, but its hilarious none the less. Since we found out he has probably been asked to do the elephant no less than 15 times a day. Ellen made a briliant observation today at lunch that Ethan probably thinks we're all slow cause we repeat what he says and continually ask him to do the same things over and over...
Anyway, I think that's about everything for this week.
1 comment:
That's some amazing artwork. srsly. I dig the contrast detail on the hoodie.
Post a Comment