
This afternoon Ethan and I went to Wal-Mart to get him some pumpkins. Kari SUPPOSEDLY took the time we were gone to study, but I have no way of knowing if that really happened... she's suspect to say the least right now. As you can see, I'm really good at letting things go. Anyway, Wal-Mart is scary. Everytime I walk in I think there's a 50/50 chance I'm going to get shanked. Its way too close to the east side of Des Moines. I keep my head down and never make eye contact... Once we got home we used the "Mrs. Potatohead" pumpkin kit that Ellen got Ethan to decorate one of them. Ethan seemed to enjoy pulling the pieces out more than he wanted to put them in. After that we played in the yard in what will hopefully not be the last nice day this fall. We spent some time playing in his room today as well. He really enjoys standing in his crib and throwing his stuffed puppy on the floor and then yelling "Uh oh!" The best part is he keeps saying it until you picked the dog up... he then immediately throws it back down. He does the same thing with a pencil but he adds a twist. He hits himself in the head with it and then says "Oweeee" and laughs. This is the same child I talked up in the last post about memorizing his Elmo book so fast. Brilliant. He also likes to head butt me, hold his head, say "Oweee" and then laugh. I don't find it quite as amusing. Sometimes I see it coming and block it... but the kid is like a ninja with his head and often his strikes hit without warning.



Yesterday Ethan spent the day with grandma Smith cause there was an Iowa State football game... or so I've been told. I can provide no further information on what Ethan did because I was gone most of the day and in a less than sober state of mind when I returned later. I do know that he had trouble sleeping last night and woke up quite a bit.
Uucle Nick and Aunt Carrie came down Thursday afternoon and Ethan spent his time alternating between playing and crying. Mostly crying. His teeth were bothering him but once we got him juiced up on a combination of Tylenol and Orajel he seemed to feel better and returned to acting like a human being again. As a side note, when Aunt Carrie got here he did run up and give her a hug. On another side note, I delivered mutliple beatings to Nick in hockey on the 360. That has nothing to do with Ethan cause he was napping at the time, I just wanted to let everyone know.
I guess the only thing to note this week is Ethan's infatuation with his mom. If I heard "mmmmmoooommmmmyyyyy" once this week I heard it 500 times. If he's happy, he wants his mommy... if he's sad he wants his mommy. I now know how his grandmas feel... rejected, dejected and sad. I couldn't think of another adjective that rhymes with rejected. On the bright side, Kari tried to nap the other day and his crying/mom-calls kept her from actually sleeping. I took a little satisfaction in that since I had nicely asked to nap earlier only to be shot down. The best part of this is I can spin these stories however I want... I am all powerful in Ethan's blog.

1 comment:
"Not to worry though, I've had a little over 4 years of training prior to this of learning how much my opinion matters..."
Kari's done a swell job. ;)
Post a Comment