Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just Living Life...

No intro this week... Kari said I rambled last week.  I prefer to call it creative freedom on my behalf.

Anyway... 

Today Ethan made sugar cookies with Ellen and Kari.  Apparently Ellen has the same ADD genes Ethan has and was bored by 9:00 this morning and calling Kari to make cookies.  I laid on the couch while they did that.  I did happen to find the energy to glance over while they were mixing the cookies and Ethan seemed completely enthralled with the mixer.  And I know he had a good time using the cookie cutters cause he was none too happy when it was time to put them in the oven because he couldn't cut anymore.  After that he took a nap.  By the time I woke up from my nap Ethan was up and the cookies were finished and frosted and they're pretty tasty.  

With the arrival of the cold weather Ethan has been limited in the time he has been able to play outside.  This morning I took him out after 5 minutes of negotiating with him to wear gloves.  The gloves last about 2 minutes and another negotiation session ensued.  I won again... but my victory was fleeting as being outside only lasted around 20 minutes cause he kept pulling the gloves off.  Thankfully Sydney is just two short months away and the jackets/hats/gloves can go back in the closet.

Wednesday night after bath time Kari was reading books to Ethan while he sat in the rocking chair and I laid on the floor.  Clearly its rough being me with how much time I spending lying down...  Anyway, Kari was in the middle of her favorite book when Ethan grabbed the book and came and sat down on me so I would read to him.  That puts the Ethan Chooses Dad over Mom score somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.  It was a moral victory though.  Anyway, after that he got his 6 pack of Elmo books that are in their own box that you have to open a velcro flap to get to.  So, Ethan opens the flap, hands me one of the books and closes the flap.  After that I read usually no more than one sentence before Ethan says "The End", closes the book and goes for another one.  Did I mention the ADD yet?   Anyway... after emptying the case it was time for Ethan to go to bed.  He didn't agree.  I sat up to put the books away while Ethan went and got another book and walked back over to me and attempted to push me back down to read another book.  Its like he thinks he runs the show or something... 

Now, here's some random information I don't want to put into paragraphs.
  • Ethan now uses our foot stool to pull stuff out of the drawers, re-arrange the spice rack and "help" Kari with the cooking
  • He pretty much is down to eating only Easy Mac as the main course of his meal
  • Every night around 6:30 Ethan gets ornery and does stuff he knows is wrong.
  • He's getting pretty good at puzzles
  • He's starting to learn shapes but all shapes are a circle to him at this point if you ask.  If you ask him to point out various shapes he gets it right... but saying them not so much.
  • He still has to have the fans on at all times... but now he likes to have every light on as well.
Sorry if you're getting to e-mails... I hit enter to get a new bullet point and it posted instead.

Anyway... that's all I've really got for now.  On an un-related to Ethan note.  Our friends John and Danielle had a daughter Giselle who was born with HLS which basically means the left side of the heart is incredibly underdevloped.  She had her second heart surgery a couple weeks ago to correct it and things have not gone well since.  If you could just keep the Meyer family in your thoughts/prayers I know they would appreciate it.  

No comments: