Riding a scooter! That's what I'm talking about! Manly!
What's more manly than scooters? Football!
This entry is going to be shorter than the rest because just as I predicted the excitement has settled down now that we’ve fallen into a routine. Not a whole lot of excitement to report over the last couple days, but I have a few new pictures so I thought I’d share those. Before I forget… if you want the pictures you can just click on them and they will open and their large size and you can save them. Not sure if everyone knew that or not. But, since I’m not actually emailing pictures anymore you can get them that way.
Friday was an average day. Work, day care, park and after Ethan went to bed Joel and Kari were lame. Typical Friday night.
Saturday was a big day… Ethan slept until almost 8:00 am which was great! After that we went to the grocery store to try and beat the rush and then came back for lunch and Ethan’s nap. I was supposed to work that night because we had rolled out an update and I needed to check the data... my excitement level at the prospect of working on a Saturday was 4. However, we spent the afternoon in the pool and then Kari got a message from Chris and Sam that they were coming over and bringing drinks. My excitement level for going into work immediately dropped to a 2. After a couple hours of playing in the pool, snacking and enjoying some adult beverages it was time for me to go into work. My excitement level: 0. The sunburn didn’t help matters. I went up to change and checked my e-mail just before going in and lo and behold I had a message telling me I didn’t need to go in. Yippee! So, back to the pool for more drinks. After a while it was decided it was time to get some food so off I went for steaks and we grilled and it turned into a really fun day/night.
Sunday started considerably earlier than Saturday… which is typical on the nights after we drink and its my turn to get up. So, Ethan and I were up at 6:20. He was chipper. I was not. But, we killed time until Kari got up and then headed to the park to try and wear him out so he’d take an early nap before the work BBQ. We ended up getting an early lunch at a Mackers(McDonalds) that is right next to the park. While Kari was getting Ethan and I went in the play area and one kid pulled Ethan off a step and kind of tossed him down. Normally I would have been a little upset since the parent didn’t do anything, but Ethan had shoved a little girl while we were at the park so I figured it was karma coming back on him. There was a big Chinese New Year’s festival taking place in the harbour and they were doing races so we got to watch those as we walked home. After that Ethan took a really long nap and then it was off to the BBQ. We got there fashionably late and had some good food and then spent the rest of the time socializing and playing with Ethan.
Yesterday was more of the same. Back to work and day care… boo. When Ethan and I got home yesterday he thought it was hilarious to take his pants off and run around with just his diaper. I have no idea why and its best to probably not try and figure out why he does half the things he does. He has decided that running away from you and laughing when he knows he’s in trouble is a good time. Its not. Anyway, we wrestled last night and surprisingly Kari got involved… mostly cause Ethan launched himself at her and didn’t give her much of a choice. Usually she leaves that type of play to me.
Today I don’t think Ethan was feeling the best. When I got him home he was pretty lethargic and just wanted to sit with me and watch Thomas. At one point there is a sing-a-long so I decided to join in… I got through to verses before Ethan gave me the “stop singing” line. Apparently he doesn’t appreciate my angelic voice.
Ethan is all about watching his DVDs now. The only problem is his ADD and he has one on for maybe 10 minutes before he wants a new one put in. It’s more than a little aggravating. And, those are the times when he actually sits and watches. Most of the time he is at the TV hitting buttons on the DVD player or TV and messing everything up and then yelling ‘Uh Oh!’ over and over again and tell you get things back to the way they were before he started pushing buttons.
Daycare continues to go well. He no longer uses his binky except at nap time. Their only concern now is his incredible pickiness with his eating. They’re resorted to making him a sandwich for lunch now cause he won’t eat anything they give him. Yesterday the lady tried to get him to try it and he dug the food out of his mouth with his finger and threw it back. So proud.
Most of you have probably heard about the fires… and in case you’re wondering they are no where near us. Its actually kind of crazy… to the north of us there is all sorts of flooding and to the south it’s a heat wave with unbelievable fires. We’ve actually had really cool temps the last 2 days after the heat wave that moved through over the weekend. The stories coming out of the devastated area are incredibly sad. I can’t believe someone intentionally set the fires… methinks they’ll be seeing plenty of fire themselves soon enough.
I think that’s everything. Like I said… not that exciting. But… it is what it is.
Friday was an average day. Work, day care, park and after Ethan went to bed Joel and Kari were lame. Typical Friday night.
Saturday was a big day… Ethan slept until almost 8:00 am which was great! After that we went to the grocery store to try and beat the rush and then came back for lunch and Ethan’s nap. I was supposed to work that night because we had rolled out an update and I needed to check the data... my excitement level at the prospect of working on a Saturday was 4. However, we spent the afternoon in the pool and then Kari got a message from Chris and Sam that they were coming over and bringing drinks. My excitement level for going into work immediately dropped to a 2. After a couple hours of playing in the pool, snacking and enjoying some adult beverages it was time for me to go into work. My excitement level: 0. The sunburn didn’t help matters. I went up to change and checked my e-mail just before going in and lo and behold I had a message telling me I didn’t need to go in. Yippee! So, back to the pool for more drinks. After a while it was decided it was time to get some food so off I went for steaks and we grilled and it turned into a really fun day/night.
Sunday started considerably earlier than Saturday… which is typical on the nights after we drink and its my turn to get up. So, Ethan and I were up at 6:20. He was chipper. I was not. But, we killed time until Kari got up and then headed to the park to try and wear him out so he’d take an early nap before the work BBQ. We ended up getting an early lunch at a Mackers(McDonalds) that is right next to the park. While Kari was getting Ethan and I went in the play area and one kid pulled Ethan off a step and kind of tossed him down. Normally I would have been a little upset since the parent didn’t do anything, but Ethan had shoved a little girl while we were at the park so I figured it was karma coming back on him. There was a big Chinese New Year’s festival taking place in the harbour and they were doing races so we got to watch those as we walked home. After that Ethan took a really long nap and then it was off to the BBQ. We got there fashionably late and had some good food and then spent the rest of the time socializing and playing with Ethan.
Yesterday was more of the same. Back to work and day care… boo. When Ethan and I got home yesterday he thought it was hilarious to take his pants off and run around with just his diaper. I have no idea why and its best to probably not try and figure out why he does half the things he does. He has decided that running away from you and laughing when he knows he’s in trouble is a good time. Its not. Anyway, we wrestled last night and surprisingly Kari got involved… mostly cause Ethan launched himself at her and didn’t give her much of a choice. Usually she leaves that type of play to me.
Today I don’t think Ethan was feeling the best. When I got him home he was pretty lethargic and just wanted to sit with me and watch Thomas. At one point there is a sing-a-long so I decided to join in… I got through to verses before Ethan gave me the “stop singing” line. Apparently he doesn’t appreciate my angelic voice.
Ethan is all about watching his DVDs now. The only problem is his ADD and he has one on for maybe 10 minutes before he wants a new one put in. It’s more than a little aggravating. And, those are the times when he actually sits and watches. Most of the time he is at the TV hitting buttons on the DVD player or TV and messing everything up and then yelling ‘Uh Oh!’ over and over again and tell you get things back to the way they were before he started pushing buttons.
Daycare continues to go well. He no longer uses his binky except at nap time. Their only concern now is his incredible pickiness with his eating. They’re resorted to making him a sandwich for lunch now cause he won’t eat anything they give him. Yesterday the lady tried to get him to try it and he dug the food out of his mouth with his finger and threw it back. So proud.
Most of you have probably heard about the fires… and in case you’re wondering they are no where near us. Its actually kind of crazy… to the north of us there is all sorts of flooding and to the south it’s a heat wave with unbelievable fires. We’ve actually had really cool temps the last 2 days after the heat wave that moved through over the weekend. The stories coming out of the devastated area are incredibly sad. I can’t believe someone intentionally set the fires… methinks they’ll be seeing plenty of fire themselves soon enough.
I think that’s everything. Like I said… not that exciting. But… it is what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment