Friday, July 17, 2009

Little William Wallace...

Tonight, Ethan and I were playing T-Ball in the front yard when it again deteriorated into a game of Ethan kicking the T as far as he could. THEN, Ethan decided to take it a step further and totally dismanted the T by kicking it. He then turned the stand of the T into a sword and came after me with it... I did have the bat to defend myself though. He LOVED swinging it at me like it was a real sword and he was really, really into it. Kind of scary levels of into it... his eyes got all big and there was more than one primal scream like William Wallace from Braveheart. In fact, I had turned to walk away at one point and the only reason I didn't take a swing into the back of my knees is cause he screamed as he raced up behind me and I was able to turn around and defend myself in time. It was a lot of fun though.

Oh, and after the game was over he was burning off whatever energy he had left by running as fast as he could up and down the driveway... at one point he was at the very end and he knows not to go in the street but he STILL turned around, looked right at me, smiled and put both of his feet in the street before making a quick retreat to the driveway when I made a step to come get him. I told him we were going inside cause he knows better and he ran off yelling 'no want to go inside' and laughing. So, between Homer and him I have lost little control. Well, at least the illusion of control... I'm not sure it was ever really there to begin with.

No comments: