Tractor
A little over 3 feet tall
Feeding the goats
Wearing my stocking hat yesterday.
First snow of the year
This isn't a super long update... but I have a lot of pictures to share so I wanted to do a quick post.
Potty training continues to go pretty well. Last week, Mister Mister had 0 accidents at school. This week he still did well and only had 2. He is doing really well at home as well. He has only had a couple accidents. We have officially given away all the remaining diapers we had for him so hopefully this continues. He still wears a pull-up diaper at nap time and when he goes to bed, but other than that he is in his big boy unders.
Yesterday we awoke at our normal weekend time of about 7:00 AM and the ground had a small dusting of snow on it. I'm pretty sure Ethan has no memory of snow and he found it fascinating. So, for a couple minutes before we sat down to eat breakfast we just stood and watched it snow and Ethan asked me a million questions about it. Which, for those of you who haven't been around him lately, Ethan does enjoy posing questions in a rapid fire manner to anyone who will listen and provide answers. Back to the snow... after breakfast Ethan and I went outside to play with the snow. I would make little snow balls for him and he would crush them with his hands and laugh. He like the feeling of it. We didn't last long outside because Ethan got cold... BUT, this year he is a LOT more cooperative when it comes to actually putting his coat, hat and gloves on. Last year it was a battle to just get him to put them on much less keep them on. Perhaps he is realizing how unpleasant it is to be cold and that it can be easily rectified by actually listening to his parents... I know I always listened to everything my parents said.
Today, we went to the pumpkin patch. Again, the temperatures were less than idea but Ethan still had a good a time. We went to the same place we did last year so Ethan got to feed the goats, ride the tractors and help pick out his own pumpkin. However, last year we spent most of the day looking for shade because it was so hot... not so much with that today. Ethan's legs weren't quite long enough to drive the tractor himself, but both Kari and I took turns pushing him around and he seemed to enjoy that. He then picked out a little pumpkin for himself.
This week Kari taught Ethan the colors of the stop light and what each means. So, now when we sit at stop lights Ethan watches the light and waits for it to turn green and then tells us it is time to go.
Anyway... you can hear him talking about red light/green light in the video below:
No comments:
Post a Comment