Well, we almost made it through the winter without an ear infection... but, it just wasn't meant to be. Ethan woke up with a fever of 101, a runny nose, and a cough today. By lunch time his ear and head were hurting as well. Kari stayed home with him this morning and he was pretty lethargic. At 1:30 we went to the doctor and she confirmed that he does indeed have a double ear infection as well as a respiratory infection. So, Ethan walked out with a prescription for antibiotics and 2 car stickers for his trouble. I thought it'd be funny to tell him he had to have a shot as well. Thankfully, Kari being the adult had told him ahead of time he didn't have to have any shots because for about .25 seconds his face dropped it looked like he was going to cry before he started laughing. I kind of felt bad after that... perhaps joking with a 4 year old about something they're deathly afraid of while he's still developing a sense and understanding of humor isn't a good idea. Though, he thinks farting sounds and telling me that I smell are hilarious. Which makes me wonder... do people who are deaf think fart jokes are funny since they've never heard an actual fart? Is the classic scene in Dumb and Dumber funny to them I wonder? It seems ingrained in people if a 4 year old finds it funny but he's been exposed to the sound so I wonder if that is why it's funny or if it is something innate in everyone(outside of my dad) and that's why we laugh?
But I digress...
Really, everything was pretty straight forward. And, tonight Ethan told me an hour before he normally does that he was ready for his bath and then bed. It's nice he's getting better about giving up the fight by himself when he knows he doesn't feel well. Anyways, if all goes according to plan he'll be done with the infections and off the antibiotics in 10 days. That should give mother nature enough time to get the temps to the mid 70s so we can officially put an end to sick season, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment