Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ethan Scores!



Well, it finally happened. Ethan scored in soccer!! It seems fitting that it happened after I spent the last blog complaining about how not fun the soccer games have been to watch. And, it's amazing how much more fun it is to watch when Ethan scored and his team is the one doing the ass kicking. I think Kari and I were almost more excited than he was. Not 5 minutes earlier we were making fun of the 'lunatic' parent on the other sideline jumping up and down and screaming when her kid almost scored. But, when I saw Ethan make the last kick into the open net I found myself putting my arms in the air and jumping. So, I guess I shouldn't be so quick to judge others. It was just so fun because he has wanted to score since the first game and it finally happened. Ethan had kind of a shy/look of disbelief on his face when he finally scored. Not sure if it was because he didn't know how to react, or that he was embarassed his entire cheering section of 5 large was going pretty crazy. And, he ended up scoring again a couple minutes later. Again, same shy smile. But, once it was time to come off he was so excited to tell everyone he had scored twice.


AND, Ethan seemed much more engaged this week. He was in the middle of everything and battling for balls. It was really fun to watch. Not sure if it was just finally clicking with or, or if it was the goal, or if was his practice on Thursday night. Thursday night he was the only kid who showed up to practice so he got to play 1 on 1 soccer with the coach. And, I really thing that was a big help. I think he learned to be more aggressive when he was the only one chasing the ball and that translated to the game.


In conclusion... I still don't like soccer all that much. But, it is a lot more exciting and fun to watch when your kid is winning and playing well.

No comments: