Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Competitive Much...?

Tonight, Ethan told me after dinner we were going to go box upstairs. We do this fairly often. Usually, I "knock" him down a few times and he "knocks" me down a few times. All in good fun... Tonight, it was more of the same... until Ethan started winning 10-9. Then, with each subsequent knockdown he mocked and taunted me. And, at that point he suddenly stopped getting knocked down. Over the course of the next 10 or so minutes he found several creative ways to tell me I stunk at boxing and that he was the best ever. Pretty impressive smack talk from a 5 year old.

It didn't take me long to figure out where he learned it... Later, we were playing football on the Kinect and my receiver dropped a ball. Being the mature person I am, I told the TV/Xbox that it sucked(because they do). From behind I hear, "Dad, I know it's a game and you want to win, but you can't say 'you suck'". I'm quite the role model... getting scolded(and rightfully so) by a 5 year old is becoming a pretty regular occurrence. Go me. He really is growing up.

So, the next time Ethan is beating you/beats you at something and starts to taunt I'd just like to say you're welcome... but, please don't tell him he sucks. :)

Video of Ethan playing football. He wanted to win quite badly...

No comments: