Same
Same
Helping with the nativity scene
After we got all the branches put in the tree

Helping me set up the tree
Same

Overall, it was a lot of fun and Ethan was really into it. To the point where I could use setting up the tree, hanging lights and putting up other decorations as bribery to get him to do what I asked. Whoever said bribery is not effective has never had an incredibly ornery almost 3 year old...
Helping me set up the tree
As mentioned this morning, we decided to decorate the house today. Ethan was suprisingly a big help... despite the fact he was once again without pants. When he and I first started with setting up the tree I thought he'd slow me down cause I'd have to show him where to put everything and how to do it over and over... but, he figured out the colors right away and was able to help me pile the branches up and then put them in the right spots. Once the tree was set up I asked if we should put up the white lights... Ethan informed me we were putting up colored lights. I told him we didn't have colored lights and he informed me 'well, we're just going to have to go out and pick some up.' And, for those of you have been consistently reading this you know we did in fact end up picking some up at Target. And, since we were at Target Ethan insisted he get to 'push buttons' like he does every other time we're there. I can't remember if I've mentioned pushing buttons before but it entails walking up and down the toy aisles so Ethan can play with all the toys and see what all the buttons do. Lots of fun...
Anyway, once we got back we hung the lights and then Ethan napped. After the nap, Ethan helped me hang the new colored glass balls we purchased today to match the new colored lights. As you can see in the pictures where Ethan is standing in front of the tree most of the balls he hung seemed to be in a two square foot area. So, once he left the room for a while I had to do some re-arranging. Later, he helped me set up the nativity scene as well.
Overall, it was a lot of fun and Ethan was really into it. To the point where I could use setting up the tree, hanging lights and putting up other decorations as bribery to get him to do what I asked. Whoever said bribery is not effective has never had an incredibly ornery almost 3 year old...
No comments:
Post a Comment