I said last post that Ethan's potty training has been spotty... I may have spoken too soon. Yesterday, day care informed us that Ethan is ready to swtich to big boy underwear and diapers! That is very exciting news! Last night an attempt was made to get him some big boy underwear... apparently he's a little too small. The smallest size both Target and Wal-Mart have are a 4 and Ethan needs a 2. So, going to have to look elsewhere. Ethan did get pull up diapers to wear at night though. Last night he was not such a big fan... tonight he was very excited to put them on. So, that made me happy. Now, he just needs the real underwear and in no time I'm sure he'll be fully potty trained and I'll never have to change another diaper......
As I just mentioned, Ethan was not all about trying the new 'big boy' diapers... that seems to be a pretty common trend for him. He does not like to try new things. He has his set stuff and trying to get him to try new things is quite the pain. He has new shirts from as far back as Australia that he flat our refuses to wear. This 'trait' seems to manifest itself most in his eating habits. He pretty much eats the exact same things he's eaten for as long as I can remember. Fruit snacks, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, cheese and crackers and fruit seem to be his staple. Trying to get him to try new stuff is pretty much pointless. He won't even try desserts or anything...
Funny story from last night... we were in the car on the way to the store and stopped at a light. It turned green and the car in front didn't go right away and Ethan said 'let's go, guy!' Apparently he's been spending too much time in the car with me. Him repeating that back made me realize I really need to watch what I say around him at this point. No more slipping up with the naughty words...
No comments:
Post a Comment