I've been more than a little remiss with this lately... so, I've uploaded a lot of videos and pictures that haven't been posted since the return from Sydney. But, I spent last week in Vegas punishing myself so I have no energy to do anything but sit on the couch and watch football... and since I'm doing that I may as well do this since its been so long.
I won't do much of an update tonight because its going to take a while to upload all the vidoes and pictures... but, needless to say Ethan has really blossomed into his own person and he definitely knows what he wants and god forbid you stand in his way. Sadly he's gotten kind of mouthy as well... that definintely doesn't come from me. He gets pretty bad if you try and tell him no... his pouting/tantrums seem to be increasing in regularity as well. It can get to be pretty old. Don't get me wrong... more often than not he's really well behaved. But, I don't deal well with irrational behavior. In fact, it drives me insane. But, like I said... most times he's incredibly fun to be around. He's really affectionate and loves to give hugs and kisses.
Recently one of Kari's co-workers and her husband moved less than a block away... they have a son named Asa who is only a little over 1 but Ethan really enjoys playing with him and asks to go play quite a bit.
Potty training is pretty much hit and miss at this point. Though, almost every night before bath Ethan does go potty... but, I'm pretty sure he only does it for his candy reward. Still no poops yet... but at this point I'm not sure cleaning out his potty is any better than changing diapers. Kids should really just be born with the ability to go to the bathroom without any assistance/intervention from me.
The last couple weeks Ethan has been all about the Pixar movies. He switches beween 'The Incredibles', 'Cars', and 'Monsters, Inc.' It gets painful at points... Don't get me wrong, all of the movies are pretty enjoyable... just not when you have to watch them 4 times in 2 days. More often than not I read while he watches at this point... He also has 'Finding Nemo' but really doesn't seem to care for that one and has only watched maybe twice and has never asked to watch again.
He still really enjoys playing outside. Sometimes you have to turn off the TV cause he's enjoying his movies so much. He really doesn't watch the TV shows he enjoyed a couple months back. Ethan loves going to the park down the road as well. I'm amazed with how much braver he is than when he first started. Before he wouldn't climb on much of anything... now, if I try and climb something he's two steps behind me. And he is very adamant that you don't help him with anything. Even if he is really, really struggling he wants no help.
Anyway... enjoy.
The slide at the park. Ethan insists I go with him most times... and we have to bring rocks with us and throw those down first. I enjoy the last couple seconds of this video most.
Likes to hang around...
Running through the sprinkler
Zoo trip... from way long ago. Wasn't quite the same as the Sydney zoo.
Kari and her friend took Ethan and Asa to Adventureland. Here's a montage of that trip.
I won't do much of an update tonight because its going to take a while to upload all the vidoes and pictures... but, needless to say Ethan has really blossomed into his own person and he definitely knows what he wants and god forbid you stand in his way. Sadly he's gotten kind of mouthy as well... that definintely doesn't come from me. He gets pretty bad if you try and tell him no... his pouting/tantrums seem to be increasing in regularity as well. It can get to be pretty old. Don't get me wrong... more often than not he's really well behaved. But, I don't deal well with irrational behavior. In fact, it drives me insane. But, like I said... most times he's incredibly fun to be around. He's really affectionate and loves to give hugs and kisses.
Recently one of Kari's co-workers and her husband moved less than a block away... they have a son named Asa who is only a little over 1 but Ethan really enjoys playing with him and asks to go play quite a bit.
Potty training is pretty much hit and miss at this point. Though, almost every night before bath Ethan does go potty... but, I'm pretty sure he only does it for his candy reward. Still no poops yet... but at this point I'm not sure cleaning out his potty is any better than changing diapers. Kids should really just be born with the ability to go to the bathroom without any assistance/intervention from me.
The last couple weeks Ethan has been all about the Pixar movies. He switches beween 'The Incredibles', 'Cars', and 'Monsters, Inc.' It gets painful at points... Don't get me wrong, all of the movies are pretty enjoyable... just not when you have to watch them 4 times in 2 days. More often than not I read while he watches at this point... He also has 'Finding Nemo' but really doesn't seem to care for that one and has only watched maybe twice and has never asked to watch again.
He still really enjoys playing outside. Sometimes you have to turn off the TV cause he's enjoying his movies so much. He really doesn't watch the TV shows he enjoyed a couple months back. Ethan loves going to the park down the road as well. I'm amazed with how much braver he is than when he first started. Before he wouldn't climb on much of anything... now, if I try and climb something he's two steps behind me. And he is very adamant that you don't help him with anything. Even if he is really, really struggling he wants no help.
Anyway... enjoy.
The slide at the park. Ethan insists I go with him most times... and we have to bring rocks with us and throw those down first. I enjoy the last couple seconds of this video most.
Likes to hang around...
Running through the sprinkler
Zoo trip... from way long ago. Wasn't quite the same as the Sydney zoo.
Kari and her friend took Ethan and Asa to Adventureland. Here's a montage of that trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment