Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Musical Update

Tonight, Ethan and I were sitting on the couch watching 'The Incredibles' for the millionth time this week when I decided that was boring and so I began pestering him into singing songs. I had the laptop on my lap so I used the camera to record him. I was able to get his second rendition of 'Twinkle, Twinkle' as well as his debut of 'ABCs' and 'Bah Bah Black Sheep'. Not only is it his debut, but its his world renowned back up singer's debut as well. That'd be me. Anyway, the videos are at the end. I have a couple other stories to share first...

While Ethan and I are were getting him ready for bed we were messing around and I started doing 'rock a bye baby' and swinging him back and forth. I do this a lot and he really seems to enjoy it... at least the part at the end where I drop him on his bed, or the couch, or his head... whatever works. Anyway, after I had done it he decided he wanted to do that to me so he told me to lay on him and then he rolled side to side, as much as he could anyway with a person weighing exponentially more than he does, and sang the song and at the end shoved me off. He found the whole thing to be pretty hysterical and I think we did it at least 3 times.

After that, it was time to read books... the last couple times he and I have read books before bed he has chosen this book that has animals, shapes, clothes, numbers, letters, etc. and I go through and ask him what various ones are and what colors the objects are. The last couple nights he thinks it is REALLY funny to tell me the wrong colors and the wrong items that I'm pointing at. Usually he picks the object or the color of the item next to what I'm pointing at... Anyway, tonight he climbed into bed with that book, looked at me and announced 'I gonna be funny tonight.' He then proceeded to share his brand of humor with me for the next 10 minutes or so...I do really enjoy watching him doing his best to make me laugh. Wonder if his teachers will appreciate that trait as well....

Video time...
(http:\\www.youtube.com\jmlbrett)
Bah Bah Black Sheep


ABCs


Twinkle Twinkle, the sequel

No comments: