Sunday, September 27, 2009

Potty Training Update

First morning in big boy unders(Lightning McQueen)

Playing with his doctor kit.

Tuesday night Ethan got his first couple pair of big boy unders... he is now the proud owner of Cars, Thomas and Spiderman big boy unders. He was super excited to get them and wanted to wear them the night he got them to bed. But, pretty sure he's wasn't ready for that so after a small meltdown he put his pull up diaper on. That is a theme that continues to this day... While at the store Ethan also picked out his Halloween outfit for this year. He is going to be an alligator. Once Halloween gets here I'll actually include some pictures of him in the outfit.

Anyway... this past Wednesday Ethan wore big boy unders for the first time to day care.... and he only had ONE accident! He did equally as well the Thursday and had ZERO accidents on Friday. And, both Thursday and Friday he actually went number 2 in the toilet at daycare. He hasn't had the same success with that at home. I think every day he's had a number 2 accident at home. He's also had a couple of wet accidents as well. But, overall I am really, really impressed with how well he is doing. When he does have an accident he gets pretty upset. The other night he was watching TV and then suddenly burst into tears and I thought he had hurt himself and it kind of scared me... but, he had just wet himself. I'm so happy he seems to be moving away from diapers. I can't believe how big he is getting some days... such a little person now.

So, Ethan has decided he is pretty funny. Every night we sing songs before we go to bed and he sings a song with Kari called 'Jesus Loves Me'. For quite a while I have told him I don't know that song when he asks me to sing it and for a while he would say... 'i want to sing jesus loves me, but you don't know that one' and then we'd move on. This week he decided it was really funny to demand I sing that song with him even though he knows I don't know it... I would ask him what song he wants to sing, he'd get a little twinkle in his eye and a smirk on his face and say 'sing jesus loves me' and bust out laughing. I'd tickle him a little and tell him I didn't know that and ask him what song he wants to sing for real at which time the entire process would repeat itself. Its fun to watch his attempts at humor move from total unintentional comedy to now where he thinks of things ahead of time to make us laugh.
This past weekend Ethan spent the weekend in Winterset with papa and grandma cause there was a concert Friday night and a football game Saturday so Linda picked Ethan up Friday from daycare and brought him out to the farm. Friday night Linda, Jim, Ellen, Ben and Ethan went to the Winterset High School football game. The Winterset mascot is a Husky and Ellen was trying to teach Ethan 'Go Huskies' and since Husky sounds so much like hockey Ethan thought he was going to a hockey game. He was very excited for the hockey game... but he ended up having fun at the football game as well. Grandpa got him some Skittles, which is his new favorite candy, and they sat in the press box together. I don't know a lot else of what he did... i know that he and papa sat in the tractor and Ethan 'drove' even though the tractor didn't go anywhere. Papa also caught Ethan trying to steal snacks when he was supposed to be eating lunch. Jim was coming up the stairs and saw that Ethan had snuck into the office and was reaching for some snacks and he caught him red handed. I'm sure Ethan showed all kinds of remorse for his actions...

No comments: